Monday, August 20, 2012

Marriage Advice

I asked a few of my friends recently if they had any marriage advice they would be willing to share (so that I can share it with you).  I got some really great stuff, and I will be sharing it in the next few posts.  

First, a word about giving advice (from Tamara):  "I think giving marriage advice to most newlyweds is a little like giving an umbrella to a teenager on a sunny morning and saying, 'Take this with you. I know it doesn't look like it, but you really will need this...'"

And another quote from a friend:  "Choose your love. Love your choice." This sums it up for me. I like it because it fits with the idea that love is a verb (most days.) Also to go with it, but less succinctly, "To stay married: act in loving ways even when you do not have loving feelings."

Good stuff, huh?  Thanks to my amazing friends for sharing their wisdom.  Much more to come...

1 comment:

  1. I love Tamara's quote about the umbrella. Truer words were never spoken! Ha!

    ReplyDelete