Monday, September 17, 2012

Kindness

Yesterday I was reading "Daughters In My Kingdom" and came across these bits of marriage advice from Joseph Smith.

For the ladies (about their husbands) "...treat them with mildness and affection.  When a man is borne down with trouble--when he is perplexed, if he can meet a smile, not an argument--if he can meet with mildness, it will calm down his soul and soothe his feelings.  When the mind is going to despair, it needs a solace...When you go home never give a cross word, but let kindness, charity and love, crown your works."  

For the men, a husband's duty is to "love, cherish, and nourish his wife" and "regard her feelings with tenderness."  

Simple kindness goes a long way.  These quotes remind me to think less about what is fair, and think more about how I can love, uplift, and encourage my spouse.  As we serve and sacrifice, our love grows, and we become happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment