Monday, June 27, 2011

Happiness Must Be Earned

"Almost all marriages could be beautiful, harmonious, happy, and eternal ones, if the two people primarily involved would determine that it should be, that it must be, that it will be.  The mere performance of a ceremony does not bring happiness and a successful marriage. Happiness...is a state of mind and comes from within. It must be earned."       ~Spencer W. Kimball
I love the last line:  "Happiness must be earned."  How do we earn happiness in marriage?  It is a question worth pondering. I have some ideas, but maybe instead of sharing my thoughts, I'll let you come up with your own ideas.  I'd love to hear your ideas if you feel like sharing--leave and comment and let me know how you think we can earn happiness in marriage.     

2 comments:

  1. Thought provoking for sure!!

    If you put hard work into your marriage, I have faith that it will be rewarded with increased happiness, peace and love for your partner.

    Daily prayer with your spouse, scripture study and temple attendance I would put into the category of hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I finally learned how to comment again! Clearing out my stupid cookies and cache did the trick! :)

    ReplyDelete